During the last few months COMFA Initiative had a pleasure to welcome many new participants and collaborators, including early career researchers and other people with new interest in COS development. In this newsletter, we wanted to share some basic, but very important links to help anyone who is just starting in this fascinating field.
- The COMET Handbook 1.0 is a comprehensive guide on why and how to produce core outcome sets published by Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials (COMET) Initiative.
- ”What are Core Outcome Sets” by COMET Initiative presents a very accessible and clear explanation of what COS are and how they are developed.
- Patient and public involvement in designing, delivering and disseminating core outcome set (COS) studies, what does it look like? An animation describing patient and public involvement, one of the most important aspects of COS development produced by COMET Initiative
- Core Outcome Set-STAndards for Development: The COS-STAD Recommendations present minimum standards for the design of a COS study.
- COSMIN/COMET Guideline for selecting outcome measurement instruments for outcomes included in a Core Outcome Set to learn more about Outcome Measurement Instruments (OMIs) and how to identify and select them.