SHORT TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSIONS (STSM)
Institutional visits aiming to support individual mobility, fostering collaboration between individuals.
PARTICIPANTS ELIGIBLE TO BE REIMBURSED
- COST Members Countries (to be affiliated to legal entity in COST Full/Cooperatig Member);
- Near Neighbour Countries (to be affiliated to legal entity in a NNC);
- European RTD Organisations.
Please check this document for more information about countries (COST Members Countries, NNC, etc) and organisations groups.
- Minimum duration of 5 calendar days that includes travel;
- STSM need to be carried out in their entirety within a single Grant Period and always within the Action’s lifetime;
- Report/documentation for claiming a STSM Grant: Report to the Action MC on the main achievements of the STSM and planned future follow up activities.
FUNDS TO COVER
- Contribute to the overall travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses, implementation of the project, delivery of the report to the COST Action MC and overall effort;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 4 000 in total.
(Grants are paid after the completion of the activity and approval of all required report/ documentation, but STSM grantees may request 50% pre-payment of the approved grant. The amount is subject to availability of funds and approval by the Grant Holder Institution)
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION
To be filled in e-COST:
- Start and end date (within the active Grant Period);
- Budget requested by the applicant;
- Information about the host institution and contact person.
To be uploaded to e-COST:
- Application form (template available on e-COST) describing: Goals, description of the work to be carried out by the applicant, expected outcomes and description of the contribution to the Action MoU objectives;
- Confirmation of the host on the agreement from the host institution in receiving the applicant;
- Other documents required by the Action (e.g. recommendation letter, etc…).
For more information please contact: