VIRTUAL MOBILITY (VM) GRANTS
To strengthen the existing networks by allowing scientists to foster collaboration in a virtual
setting, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate the Action results, etc.
- COST Members Countries (to be affiliated to legal entity in COST Full/Cooperatig Member);
- Near Neighbour Countries (to be affiliated to legal entity in a NNC);
- European RTD Organisations;
Please check this document for more information about countries (Members Countries, NNC, etc) and organisations groups.
The application shall be submitted in e-COST and include the following information:
- Main objective of the Virtual Mobility Grant;
- Working Plan: Description of the collaborative initiative to be implemented;
- Plan for Participation: List of participants in the collaborative initiative (short description of their expertise and contribution);
- Main expected outputs: results and contribution to the progress towards the MoU objectives (either research coordination and/or capacity building objectives can be tackled) and delivery of the MoU objectives.
- Contribution to the COST Action Strategy: How will the Virtual Mobility contribute to the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy and plans for stakeholder engagement and promoting participation of researchers from NNC and IPC (COST Global Networking) and to the approved virtual networking strategy, if available.
Grantee shall implement the work plan approved in their application within the time frame also defined and always within one single Grant Period. Grantee will have the obligation to actively contribute to the activities of the Action WG
relevant to findings of their activities.
The required report/documentation for claiming a VM Grant is:
- Report to the Action MC on the work developed, main outcomes and achieved outputs of the Virtual Mobility, and description of the future follow up collaboration.
Examples of activities that can be performed by the VM grantee:
- Virtual mentoring scheme, with special focus on activities and exchanges that can generate capacity building and new skills, particularly for Young Researchers and Innovators (e.g. managerial skills, methodological skills, communication skills, etc);
- To support the harmonisation and standardisation of methods and procedures within the Action networking activities, e.g.:
- setting up a survey amongst all Action members to collect different results and outcomes from experiments done in their respective labs and research groups;
- coordinating the discussions to create common protocols to be used by the network afterwards;
- preparing questionnaires and response scales to be used by the Action members as part of virtual networking activities.
- To support the implementation of research related activities that do not necessarily require in-person presence, e.g.:
- computational or modelling activities;
- data analysis of the Action for a specific report or activity.
FUNDS TO COVER
- Contribution for the overall effort, not necessarily covered by an employer, or by a Grant Holder institution;
- Up to EUR 1 500 can be awarded per grant.
(Grants are paid after the completion of the activity and approval of all required report/ documentation)
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION
To be filled in e-COST:
- Start and end date (within the active Grant Period);
- Budget requested by the applicant.
To be uploaded to e-COST:
- Application form (template available on e-COST) describing: Main Objective, description of the work to be carried out by the applicant, plan for participation, expected outcomes and description of the contribution to the Action MoU objectives;
- Other documents required by the Action (e.g. recommendation letter, etc…).
For more information please contact: