Dear COMFA members,
We would like to remind you that COMFA Annual Meeting 2022 will be held on 10th – 12th October in Porto, Portugal and we will be delighted to hold a meeting in person, thanks to kind help of the local organisers Joana Costa and Isabel Mafra! We are aiming for a hybrid meeting to allow those who are unable to attend in person to join the event online.
The meeting venue is Faculdade de Farmácia, Universidade do Porto. Rua de Jorge Viterbo Ferreira, 228. 4050-313 Porto, Portugal
Please let us know if you are aiming to attend the meeting or join online filling a simple registration form . This is very important for organisers to make all necessary preparations for the meeting!
The preliminary program is to be circulated shortly, but the following structure is planned for now:
- Management Committee meeting
- Discussion of administrative issues and Grant period planning
- Projects update and discussions
- Presentations of STSM and VM grant holders
- Discussion of outcomes from the systematic reviews of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Preparation of the long list of outcomes for the Delphi
- Discussion of the Delphi process
- Potential COMFA projects discussions in smaller groups
- Social dinner
- Finalisation of the long list of outcomes and descriptions
- Annual meeting outputs
- Wrap-up session
Some useful tips from Joana and Isabel to those aiming to attend in person:
Upon arrival at the airport Francisco de Sá Carneiro, Porto, there are several ways to get to Porto city centre:
By METRO – there is a station at the airport (Violet line (E)). You need to get a card (“Andante azul” 0.60€) and charge it with a Z4 trip (2.00€). This can be made in the automatic machines located in every Metro station. With this card you can get to the station Casa da Música (connection with several buses) or Trindade (city centre – Av. Aliados). To get to the Faculty of Pharmacy University of Porto (FFUP), go to Casa da Música station, where you can get several connection buses, such as 507 or 208 that stop at FFUP (Palácio de Cristal). Map of the Metro line (https://www.metrodoporto.pt/uploads/document/file/471/EUT_____PMV_CMYK.pdf). To plan your trip, you can go to https://en.metrodoporto.pt/. IMPORTANT: before entering the metro, make sure to validate the card. The title is valid for 1 h trip. By Metro/bus the trip from airport to FFUP will take around 40 minutes.
By BUS – there is also an option to go to the city centre by bus 601, which goes from the airport to Casa da Música that takes about 50 minutes. For other options, consult (https://www.stcp.pt/en/tourism/from-and-to-the-airport/daytime-and-night-network/)
By TAXI – there are taxis in the arrival zone at the airport. The trip to the city centre costs around 25-30€ and takes about 20-30 minutes.
By TRANSFER – there are several options for transfers. The trip to the city centre costs around 25-30€ and takes about 20-30 minutes. Example: https://www.ziptransfers.com/en/vehicle-extras?origen=opo&destino=porto&pax=2
By UBER – the platform works quite well in Porto city. The trip from the airport to the city centre costs about 10-20€ and takes about 20-30 minutes.
Around FFUP and in 2-15 min walking there are also several hotel options. Some suggestions are listed below:
- Hotel HF IPANEMA Porto – https://www.hfhotels.com/pt/hoteis/hf-ipanema-porto-pt/
- Hotel HF FÉNIX PORTO – https://www.hfhotels.com/pt/hoteis/hf-fenix-porto-pt/
- Hotel HF TUELA PORTO – https://www.hfhotels.com/pt/hoteis/hf-tuela-porto-pt/
- Hotel Vincii Porto – https://pt.vincciporto.com/
- Hotel Vila Galé Porto Ribeira – https://www.vilagale.com/pt/hoteis/porto-e-norte/vila-gale-porto-ribeira
- Predicados do Douro Palace – https://www.predicadosdodouro.pt/en/
- Casas do Palácio – http://casasdopalacioapartment.hotelsporto.net/pt/
FFUP is also near the city centre, at about 15-20 min walking, where many other accommodation options can be found.
In the city centre, there are several iconic places to visit.
- RIBEIRA by the DOURO RIVER
- SéCatedral do Porto – https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/se-catedral-do-porto
- Palácio de Cristal – https://ambiente.cm-porto.pt/parques-e-jardins/jardins-do-palacio-de-cristal
- PORTO WINE CELLARS – http://www.cavesvinhodoporto.com/centro_multimedia.html
- PONTE D. LUIS that crosses to the other city Vila Nova de Gaia (where are the Porto wine cellars)
- Palácio da Bolsa – https://palaciodabolsa.com/
- Estação São Bento – https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/cp-comboios-de-portugal-estacao-de-sao-bento
- LELLO library – https://www.livrarialello.pt/pt/home
- Torre dos Clérigos – http://www.torredosclerigos.pt/pt/
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Outcome Measures for Food Allergy
Cost Action CA18227